Monday, January 31, 2005

UNSPOKEN RULE


Overblurred
Originally uploaded by Elliott Scott.
One could argue that if you don't have anything intellgent to say, one shouldn't say anything. If I lived by those rules, I'd never speak! As if I'd do that. HA!

In my ongoing quest to find some cool images, particularly some cool retro things, I started looking at 'Lost in Space'. And not that remake either, the original from the '50s. There is something strangely unsettling about a ambiguously camp older man, and a small boy having 'adventures' while at the same time being turned on by a teenage girl with pointy tits. Very odd.

The girl who played Jane Robinson was Marta Kristen. I was trying to find a good image of her, for design purposes of course! when I came across this image. Don't ask me how they're related?

At any rate, check out the close up. It's hilarious. If someone saw someone else who actually looked like this, they'd be convinced she was a ghost. Smooth skin and delicate features are one thing, this is just crazy. Also note the difference in JPEG noise in her hair and on her eyes (for someone who doesn't know what JPEG noise is, that sounds pretty suss!)... compared to on her face.

Random. JPEG noise, that's genius. Well, I'd better go clean the JPEG noise off of my sheets now
IESSO

1 comment:

Elliott Scott said...

I used to do image restoration at work; "I dunno what happened, I was cleaning the image and then ... JPEG noise, in my eye." ... I crack myself up.