Saturday, February 05, 2005

Pair of docks?

Before I begin I have question for you: Can there ever be opposite day? If it's not opposite day, then it's not opposite day, but if it is opposite day, then it's not opposite day. Right?

Ok, now let me explain. For no good reason at all I'm doing an opposite experiment to my lucid dream experiments from a few months ago. This time I'm staying awake for as long as I can. So far I've been awake for over 34 hours. At the 20 hour mark I got really tired. I was going to take a nap but it was way too warm. It was midday, so I was sweating as I was lying in bed. Gross. So I stayed up.

Right now I'm watching RAGE (a music video show on the national TV station) Wow, that sounds real old-fogey-ish. Basically it's like M-TV, but on free-to-air. BUT I suppose most of my readers are Aussies, so I don't really need to explain any of this.

So yeah, my second wind is starting to wind down. Music puts me to sleep. Which is why I never go to clubs. I used to get kicked out a lot because the bouncers thought I was drunk, but really I was falling asleep. But the music sucked anyway, so another reason not to go to clubs. On Rage the guest host is The Hives, so most of the vid's are rock stuff, which... well... ROCKS! Can't stand RnB, Pop, House or anything else cool for the Gold Coast. There's not a single rock bar. So I can't meet any groovy rock chicks. There were a few (sort of) in the Fortitude Valley, but I don't live there anymore now do I?

Yeah, so I can't really concentrate very well anymore... gimme a break.
I'm waiting for Tanner to finish work, so we can (you guessed it, go out) I feel like a Guiness real bad. REAL BAD. Gimme me black mistess. She's so good to me.

IESSO

7 comments:

Elliott Scott said...

Boy was I way off or what?! The Hives guest hosts played pretty much only 70's glam rock, and 80s alternative. Both are ok I guess, I prefer 80s alt to 70s glam rock, but enough is enough. I wanted some 'face melting' guitar riffs, and got none.

WAKENESS UPDATE: 36 hours feeling fine. A bit tired, but not much more than usual. Scweet. I have the feeling that when I pass the 40hr barrier I'm gonna pass out or be doing something and keel over.

Elliott Scott said...

The line-up of songs changed again, now it's 80s female pop. And one thing I've learnt from this is: Cyndi Lauper can't dance. Check out the vid for "I drove All Night" and laugh along when she's got the polks-dot dress and is gesticulationg wildly.

Gesticulate. That's another one of 'those' words. Like masticate, thespian and coccyx.

Elliott Scott said...

That's better, now we're into some good rock. We've had The International Noise Conspiracy, and as I'm typing this Black Rebel Motorcycle Club is playing "What Ever Happened to my Rock'n Roll?". My sentiments exactly. Oops, it just changed to the classic Strokes song "Last Night". I was hoping to hear some new but familiar stuff, but this'll do.

AWAKENESS: Pretty high. Strangely. Just hit the 38 hour mark. I'm going for 40. Perhaps 50, but that's kinda ridiculous ... and dangerous. But so far so good. At the 40 barrier I might have a shower. My eyes are getting really puffy, and the dark rings I normally have under my eyes could be confused for black holes.

Anonymous said...

Haha I am watching Rage right now and young heart attack is on they suck!! sound like fucking Jet. I think the hives guest program was awesome good music they picked and the stuff after it is even better Hot Hot Heat are cool so are The Strokes

Elliott Scott said...

I DID IT! I made it to the 40 hour period. I beat my old record by a good chunk, and until the sun rose I wasn't very tired. Now I want to die.

AWAKENESS: Barely-able-to-move-tired.

Elliott Scott said...

50 hours, what was I thinking? Do I have anything to do? NO. Do I have any prospects? NO. Do I have any reason at all to torture myself by dragging my rotting carcass through another day with sleep? NO! So just throw in the towel and go to bed! [I'm writing to myself now, since I switched stance mid-paragrahp] [spelling is erratic too!]

I don't like living up. I wanted to stay awake untill I passed out. But then I'd run the risk of not being awake when my parent leave on their trip. They leave to Hawaii monday morning, and I'll most likely sleep for a while. SO I will go to bed now, and wakeup in 24 hours.

Good night everyone, thanks for reading this lame experiment. I will turn it from collection of COMMENTS into a genuine POST when I wake up.

Elliott Scott said...

Forgot to mention my AWAKENESS status: It works a lot like the ambiguous terrorism alert they've got going in the US. It is continually increases in redness. Right now I HAve a pondung headache, I cant concentrate very weell anf Im very dizzy. And even though Im looking at the kepboard I cant seem to press the right buttons in the right order.

Ive said ti many times before, Im slightly dyslexic and when Im tired it gets worse. The only reason you can barely read this is because I spend 4-5 times longer tyoing everything.

AWAKENESS: ZZZzzzzzz .... HUH!? Who said that?