Wednesday, February 16, 2005

SHE'S STANDING RIGHT BEHIND ME ISN'T SHE?


Dream-Homes
Originally uploaded by Elliott Scott.
We're standing at the design office. One of us is talking on the phone to a teacher. The conversation for the rest of us is about a certain teacher, whom we'll call J Butler, no, that's too obvious, Jane B. Anyway; We're talking about her. And I go on about how I HATE her. She's a bitch, etc etc, and how she made me cry (she really did: it was before I changed to design from multimedia, and it was why I changed as well) "I hate that bitch!" I says over and over again. My friends are looking at me in horror. The secretary of the design office is pointing to the phone.

"She's on the phone", they say. "So?", I know she [thinking they're talking about my friend] "NO! Jane is on the phone!"
OH CRAP.

I have a tendency to f*ck myself over when it comes to teachers, or just life in general. I think Jane might have had an idea that I REALLY don't like her, and wanted her to burn in hell, I'm pretty certain she overheard me voice my hatred last year... but this time it's pretty certain she heard me. CRUD.

OH WELL! I do dislike her, and at least she knows why now. Yes, she made me cry. Telling a student their work is (and I quote) SHIT! without offering any explanation or reasons why it was shit [which isn't a very nice word anyway] is just plain mean. I'm not saying that I can't take criticism: I can, I just would prefer criticism to be voiced in a constructive way. ESPECIALLY coming from a teacher! AND I don't think it was shit anyway!

REMEMBER: This is the VERY FIRST thing I ever did in illustrator. I reckon it's pretty good even now, let alone a first try. Ok sure, the lettering isn't that crash hot, but you have to keep in mind that we were never taught typography in multimedia. It certainly isn't plain shit.

I'm Elliott Scott, crying over spilt milk, signing off

No comments: