Thursday, February 24, 2005

THOSE CRAZY FRENCH, AND THEIR REVOLUTIONS


Touche
Originally uploaded by Elliott Scott.
This is my first image, and first blog with the iMac. My powerbook is in the shop getting a new DVD burner and I'm G4-less at the moment. To paraphrase James McKenzie: "I'm totally G3 right now".

So yeah, about yesterday: It was a big LLLLOOOOONNNNGGGG day. I left my house at 5am. I'd already been awake for 18 hours ar that stage, and got to the uni at 8.30. We played a game to see who could spot the newbies, and what degree they were in. The designers were most pretentious looking, and the fine artist looked (and smelled) like hippies.

So yeah, things were crazy unorganised. We got our groups together, Linus and me were half heartedly fighting for the hot chicks. And we started our shenanigans. There were some cuties in my group let me tell you! One chick with glasses, and on with messy hair. Hot to the MAAAXXXX!

Anyway blah blah blah. I finally got to leave.

I was at the train station. And I somehow lost my phone. NOT COOL! I tried calling it. No answer. I called again and again, getting through and then hung up on. So someone had it! I sent an SMS to tell them I'd give em $50 to give it back. No such luck. I called Optus, barred the SIM and locked the phone. No one can use my phone ever again. A bit of poetic justice.

So I was stressed and tired. I had a cigarette. It was windy. I couldn't see the flames. I burnt my finger. Not too bad, but annoying nonetheless.

I bought a new 200GB hard drive for the iMac. I wanted to use it as a HDD, I'm not really gonna use it as a computer, I don't normally have much need for it! But as a HDD it'd be good. I talked to the Apple techincians, they said I could put whatever size I wanted in.. so I did. Only 128GB works though. I paid shitloads more for a 200 and only 128 can be read!!! ANNOYING. But at least 128GB works. It'll have to do. Better than nothing. BUT of course Mac OSX 10.3 won't install. Only 10.2. Ok sure, its 0.1 of a difference. But its a hell of a difference. It runs a lot slower in 10.2 and its not as functional. And it just ain't as pretty lookin. SO that's annoying.

I'm gonna return the hard drive. Unless anyone wants one? 2ooGB; 7200rpm, for AU$190 it works fine, and its a good brand, but its not 100% compatable with OLD macs. It'll work perfectly with a new mac or a PC of any age (except for REALLY old ones, from back in the day before hard drives)

You know what's weird though!? I had a SHITTY day yesterday. REALLY shitty. Lots of little annoying things and some big annoying things, which cost me a lot of mony, after all of that, I was still in a good mood. Maybe it was because I was awake for 40 hours again, or maybe it was just good. ... but I was happy.

I just thought I should point it out that I was actually happy for once, even despite the circumstances. I'm in a positive mood. Maybe the drugs are working, or maybe I'm starting to get better, but things might be on the up.

And flirting with the cuties might have helped. I'm suprised the words 'sexual harassment', 'gross misconduct' or 'restraining order' weren't uttered. It was that bad. I think they could smell the sickly sweet cologne I was wearing, it's called Desperation by Kalvin Clien.

That's all for now. I think this was the longest post yet. I'm Elliott Scott, siging off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard back from the shirt people just then. They liked the design and thought it was funny, BUT they can't use it. Che Guevara has a copyright on his image. Or his trustee's do, or whatever.

If thats not the epitome of irony, I don't know what is. I'll bet he's rocking in his unmarked grave right now, knowing that all his hard work in smashing those capitalist pigs: The US of A is completely in vain, because not only are they making money from him, but they're making money from him BECAUSE of his trustee's. What a laugh.

Pity about me not being able to jump on the bandwagon though. At least this design makes fun of the corporate sellouts and yuppie morons who wear his image.