Tuesday, February 08, 2005

PINK COLUMNS


Painting-Lines
Originally uploaded by Elliott Scott.
You know that big circle painting I had hanging in my room? Oh, of course you don't... unless you're a stalker or something (thanks, I'm flattered, but you're not really what I'm looking for in a psychopath at the moment. Please leave a resume and I'll be in contact with you)

You gotta stop me from going off on those tangents. ANYWAY! I've painted over and replaced the yonic symbols of circles (resembling vagina's) with pink phallas's (resembling penis's). I don't really know why I decided to do that. I don't think it's my subconcious trying to tell me something... rather it satisfies my cravings for my favourite colors, and design style: Minimalism.

I hear you gasp in horror! MINIMALISM!? "When have you ever done minimal design?", I hear you say. Well never, but that's not to say I don't like it. In my work I'm trying more and more to keep things simple, to leave white space.

This painting is to remind me of that. LESS IS MORE! A lesson that should be applied to all aspects of life, not just design.

I'm Elliott Scott, being very preachey tonight, signing off.

1 comment:

Elliott Scott said...

I forgot to casually dismiss any criticism that the image (the shadow in particular) looks very photoshopped. I admit it, it is. But that's only because the cameras lense was very warped looking, and I tried to make it a bit more presentable. PLEASE DON'T HURT ME! I've got a wife and kids! Hurt them.