Saturday, July 16, 2005

NOT GIVING UP

Here's some design concepts I've been mucking around with for some t-shirts. Pay particular attention to the 'Slave the Whales' shirt, if you cast your minds back you might remember that this is my THIRD version of the same idea. I'm determinned, I'm not giving up! I really like the idea (even if you guys don't and the shirt companies don't either! [bastards!])

TokenBlackGuy

I hope this one isn't misconstrued as a racist comment. Black people aren't worth 5 cents, that's not the meaning (oh... uh... I mean black people are obviously worth more than 5 cents. Or rather, just like anyone else they're uh.. priceless. Oh man I'm in big trouble aren't I?) Anyway: It's supposed to mean: TOKEN BLACK GUY. But can be substituted for any other token person. I'm the token ethnic friend amoungst my gang of friends. And there's always a token goth girl somewhere to be found.

Token2

Ok, this is a LOT less racial specific, but at the cost of obviousness of meaning. And the colors are better too.

AxesEvil

Oh I get it! It's mispronouncing Axis of Evil! HAR HAR HAR. Sigh. The hand lettering should make up for the shittitude.

MMLFudge

This one's my favourite. Milk, milk, lemonade. Around the corner's where fudge is made. I hope the meaning is obvious enough. I reckon it is.

SlaveWhales

They may take our land, but they'll never take... our... FREEDOM!!!! Or something equally defiant. I WILL get this produced, even if it kills me!

Ok, there we go. I'm all burnt out now. But gimme some feedback, I could use the advice of others (who are obviously way cooler than I could ever hope to be!)

Thanks,
I'm Elliott Scott, going to go get a coffee it's freakin 5.00am! signing off.

1 comment:

Elliott Scott said...

The script is similar to, but avoiding copyright breaches (get it? Whale-breach, anyway) of the Greenpeace logo;. I wish theirs was better, I really do, but it aint.

Axes is boring, but it panders to the anti-Bush crowd. Crass is the new black dude, get with thit.